amazon web services hosting prices
amazon web services hosting prices
In order to understand amazon web services hosting prices, you first have to understand all the different pricing tiers AWS offers.
These Pricing Tiers are namely
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon Lightsail
- Amazon S3
- Amazon EC2 On-Demand.
To help you make an informed decision, in this article we will go through each, its features, pricing, and benefits, and to which situations does each fit in!
amazon web services hosting prices: The Amazon EC2
Lets begin with Amazon EC2 pricing
The Amazon EC2 provides 5 ways in which you can pay, PLUS one that is often too preferred.
The Amazon EC2 Plans are:
The Preferred Method? Amazon EC2 is free to try.
1. Amazon EC2 On-Demand
Let us start with Amazon EC2 On-Demand.
The Amazon EC2 On-Demand is as the name suggests, it lets you pay only for what you use.
Depending on the instance you choose – more on this later – you will be charged for the compute capacity by the second or the hour.
To put it simply, you’ll not be bound to long term commitments or up-front fees. As an added advantage you’ll also for-go the complexities of planning that go with choosing a web hosting service. You’ll also not be required to purchase or manage hardware – hence, your fixed costs will be transferred to musch smaller variables.
Again, to reiterate, you’ll only pay for what your software or web app/ website uses, per hourly rates.
To view the Amazon EC2 On-Demand Pricing please visit the official EC2 On-Demand, as pricing is dependent on your location
amazon web services hosting prices: Who is Amazon EC2 On-Demand Recommended for?
- If you want enjoy the low-cost and flexibility of Amazon EC2 but don’t want to pay up-front fees or commit long-term
- If your application is short-term and has spiky, unpredictable workloads that can’t be interrupted.
- If this is your ifirst time developing or testing on Amazon EC2.
2. Amazon EC2 Savings Plan
The Amazon EC2 Savings Plan will give you a more flexible payment plan for low prices on the EC2 & Fargate Usage. In exchange for this flexible, low-cost plan, you in return commit to a consistent amount of usage for a period of 1-3 years. This usage is measured in $/hour.
Types of EC2 Savings Plan
The AWS EC2 Savings Plan Has 3 Types:
- The Compute Savings Plans – which will apply to you when you use either, AWS Lambda, AWS Fargate and Amazon EC2.
- The EC2 Instance Savings Plan – which will apply to EC2 usage
- The Amazon SageMaker Savings Plans – which will apply to Amazon SageMaker usage.
Benefits of Amazon EC2 Savings Plan
- Flexible Plans – plans are set to evolve with your usage, this allows you to dial up and down, depending on your requirements. The term length and payment has different options, which will allow you to save money.
- Significant Savings – You’ll get upto 72% savings, compared to On-Demand, in exchange for the continued usage for the period of 1 – 3 years.
- Ease of Use – To begin using this plan, all you have to do is go to AWS Cost Explorer, and make a custom plan based on what you’ll require, the Cost Explorer then calculates on your behalf the hourly rate based on factors such as: payment option, term-length and plan-type.
For a detailed pricing overview of the Amazon EC2 Savings Plan, please see the official pricing page , as pricing depends on factors such as location.
3. Amazon EC2 Reserved Instances
The Amazon EC2 Reserved Instances gives you the ability to reserve capacity. This will in turn give you the option of launching that capacity you’ve reserved whenever you need it.
You get a discounted hourly rate (upto 72% off as compared to On-Demand Instances), and an optional capacity reservation for EC2 Instances. The reserve is based on the Availability of the specified Zone.
You’ll also enjoy the flexibility of changing OS types, tenancies and families.
Types of EC2 Reserved Instances
Amazon EC2 RI Types are:
- Standard RIs
- Convertible RIs
- Scheduled RIs
Visit the Amazon EC2 Pricing page to view RI pricing (https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/reserved-instances/pricing/)
4. Amazon EC2 Spot Instances
The Amazon EC2 Spot Instances will let you take advantage of Unused EC2 capacity in the AWS Cloud. This computing capacity will be available for you at a whopping 90% discount off the On-Demand Price.
You also choose how to launch and maintain your applications running on Amazon EC2 Spot Instances.
You can use Spot Instances for various flexible, stateless, fault-tolerant applications such as:
- Big Data
- Containerized Workloads
- Web Servers
- High Performance computing
- Data Pipeline
- AWS Batch
Who are Spot Instances are recommended for:
- If your application has a flexible start and end times
- When your application is only feasible at very low compute prices
- If you have a urgent need for large amounts of additional capacity
Benfits of Amazon EC2 SPot Instances
- Low, predictable prices – Since you are taking advantage of unused capacity, prices are low at some 90% discount. You can provision capacity & optimize workload cost from On-Demand or Savings Instances using the EC2 Auto scaling.
- Massive scale – With Spot Instances, you get the advantage of the massive operating scale of AWS. Giving you the ability to hyperscale workloads at massive savings, or accelerate your workloads by running parallel tasks.
- Ease of use – When you want to launch, Spot Instances make it easy for you to scale and manage through AWS services. You can also integrate with third parties like Jenkins and Terraform.
5. Amazon EC2 Dedicated Hosts
An Amazon EC2 Dedicated Host is a physical EC2 server dedicated for your use. It helps you reduce existing server-bound costs like software licenses – including Windows Server, SQL Server, and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (subject to your license terms). The Dedicated Host can also help you to meet compliance requirements. Learn More.
Ways to Purchase Amazon EC2 Dedicated Host
- Can be purchased On-Demand (hourly).
- Can be purchased as a Reservation for up to 70%off the On-demand price.
The actual price that you pay on the Dedicated Host will vary by the Instance’s family type – such as R5 or M5, region, and payment option. But you will only pay for active Dedicated Host, regardless of the size or quantity of Instance you choose to launch. The only exception to this is if you have a Dedicated Host Reservation or Savings Plan.
For pricing on Dedicate Hosts click here to calculate your estimate
amazon web services hosting prices: The Amazon Lightsail
With Amazon Lightsail, you pay a predictable, low price for a bundle of resources like vCPU, memory and solid-state drive (SSD) storage. This helps your budgeting become easier and straighforward. All the Amazon Lightsail plans will include DNS (domain name system) management, static Ip addresses, one-click secure shell protocol (SSH) terminal access (Linux/Unix), one-click RDP access (windows), server monitoring and a highly available SSD storage.
Amazon Lightsail Pricing
Lightsail is part of AWS Free Tier, and as a result, you can get started with it for free.
When you Sign Up, you’ll receive:
- one year free of 50 GB content delivery network(CDN) distributions,
- one year free of a 5 GB object bundle, and
- three months free on select container, instance, and database bundles.
When looking at amazon web services hosting prices it is important to note that if you are part of an organization, and it is linked under AWS Organization, you’ll only get one account within the organization for free.. Check out the AWS Free Tier FAQS to learn more.
amazon web services hosting prices: The Amazon S3
Tha Amazon S3 allows you to pay for only what you use with no minimum charge.
The pricing of the S3 is broken down in these components:
- storage pricing,
- requests and data retrieval pricing,
- data transfer acceleration pricing,
- data management and analytics pricing,
- replication pricing, and
- the price to process your data with S3 Object Lambda.
Amazon S3 Pricing
As with Lightsail, S3 is part of the AWS Free Tier, and you can get started with Amazon S3 for free.
Upon sign-up, you’ll receive:
- 5GB of Amazon S3 storage in the S3 Standard storage class;
- 20,000 GET Requests;
- 2,000 PUT, COPY, POST, or LIST Requests; and
- 100 GB of Data Transfer Out each month.
Your usage for the free tier will be calculated each month across all AWS Regions except the AWS GovCloud Region and will then be automatically billed.
Please note that all unused monthly usage will not roll over and restrictions will apply, see offer terms for more details.
amazon web services hosting prices: AWS Pricing Calculator
To estimate the cost for your storage solution, head over to the pricing calculator page and configure a cost estimate as per your unique business or personal needs with Amazon S3. Try out the AWS Pricing Calculator. (https://aws.amazon.com/s3/pricing/)
- The Amazon Cloud Directory
The Amazon Cloud directory offers consistent and strong read options.You’ll pay only for what you use, with no minimum fee.
Cloud Directory Pricing
Cloud Directory is part of the AWS Free Tier, and so you can get started for free.
As a result you’ll get:
- 1 GB of storage,
- 100,000 eventually consistent read API calls, and
- 10,000 combined strongly consistent read API calls and write API calls per month for the first 12 months.
After your first 12 months, you’ll be charged at normal rates per usage.
Please Note: Any excess usage during the 12-month free trial period is charged at normal rates.
Amazon Web Services Hosting prices are fair and straightforward. They offer you a way of hosting websites and web apps – either in development or published mode.
Understanding the different tiers will help you make a better informed decision, and that is what this article has been about, to help you make your decision.
So, what AWS tier will you be using in your next project? Please let us know in the comments below.
Get Started with AWS here.